You will definitely want your kid to have the most original costume for Naturalis Maratonul de Crăciun 2017 Running Race. Meanwhile, instead of spending your money on carnival costumes, you prefer to donate it for the social cause supported by the event. So we are suggesting you a simple Snowman suit that doesn’t require too much time as you can do it in three easy steps.
Materials you will need:
– a white cap;
– an orange foam sheet for the carrot-nose;
– a hot glue gun;
– black felt;
– white felt;
– a white sleeveless adult t-shirt;
– stuffing for plush toys or pillows;
– a kids brown long-sleeve top.
How to make the Snowman Costume:
- Let’s begin with the Snowman’s head. Cut two circles from the white felt and glue them onto the cap. Then cut two ovals from the black felt, smaller in size than the circles, and glue them onto the white circles. These are going to be the Snowman’s eyes. Then take the orange foam sheet and make a cone. Use a hot glue gun to glue it onto the cap. Press and hold it for about 15 seconds so that it gets fixed. You may add some small pieces of rope as hair but it’s optional.
- Take the white t-shirt and glue three circles of black felt onto it. These are going to be the buttons. You can use a 5-7 cm diameter glass to get a perfect shape. After that turn in the lap of the t-shirt, about 5 cm. This is going to be the drawstring. Sew up the material after you have left enough space for the elastic. Make sure that you choose a piece of elastic longer than your child’s waist, so that you can bind it or adjust it later.
- On the day of Naturalis Maratonul de Crăciun 2017 Running Race, that is December 17, dress your child in the brown long-sleeve top (that is going to be the sticks), and the white t-shirt over it. If it’s too wide underarms, you can adjust it by sewing it or using hot glue. Use the soft stuffing to give it a bulgy look just like a Snowman. And the cap on top, and it’s done!
You’re welcome on December 17, in the Great National Assembly Square, where at 12:00 will start the fifth edition of Maratonului de Crăciun, organized by mama.md and Sporter. You can register here, prepare your costumes. As for the Christmas caps and bags to collect the gifts along the route, you get them for free from the organizers. In case you decide to do this Snowman costume with your own hands, follow the steps as described in this video!